A specific type of cell called melanocyte is responsible for causing pigmented spots and bumps on the skin. The color of skin also depends on these pigment-producing cells. Sometimes, if many melanocytes join together, a darker area will be produced, which is called a mole. While some people think differently, most people do not consider a pigmented spot beautiful, especially when hair grows out of a mole.
What Causes Hair to Grow Out of Mole?
It is possible to have hair growing out of mole when you develop these moles on areas of the skin where you have hair follicles, such as the arms, scalp, legs, eyebrows, and genitals. Than means you have hair growing out of your mole mainly because of the location of the mole. The color of the hair that sprouts out of a mole may or may not be black.
Is a Hairy Mole More Likely to Become Cancerous?
There is a common misconception that when you have hair growing out of a mole, it indicates cancer. Some people may think that removing that hair may trigger or cause cancer. There is no scientific evidence to prove these statements. It is less likely to be true especially because the mole itself has nothing to do with the growth of the hair.
Note: You may be at an increased risk of developing malignant melanoma if you had moles at the time of birth. These moles are called congenital nevi or giant hair nevi.
When to See a Doctor
You should talk to your doctor if you are concerned about your moles. In some cases, changes to a mole indicate melanoma, a type of skin cancer. This is usually the case when:
- Your moles have uneven coloring with several different shades.
- Your moles have ragged or uneven edges.
- Your moles itch, bleed, or swell.
- Your moles increase in size over time.
Can You Remove Hair Growing Out of Mole?
Yes, you can do it without having to worry about anything. You can try different ways to complete the task. For instance:
- You can remove any hair with a tweezer. Just make sure you only pull the air out exactly in the direction of your hair growth. This way, the hair will not pull on the skin and will slip out without causing any pain. You will not have to worry about the hair growing back again for at least a couple of weeks.
- Make use of scissors to get rid of the hair. You can use a fingernail scissor for this task. You will have to cut the hair more frequently though.
- Use hair removal cream to clear the hair. Apply some cream on the mole and then wipe it away after some time to remove the hair.
- You can consider waxing if you do not like any hair growing out of your mole. You have to be gentle and make sure you do not end up tearing your mole from the skin.
- Use electrolysis technician to get your hair removed from the moles. You may have to talk to your doctor before you go see an electrolysis technician.
Home Remedies to Remove Moles
You do not have to worry about anything when you use natural home remedies to get rid of hair growing out of moles. Just make sure you do not meddle with a mole that is changing its size or color. It is better to talk to a dermatologist in this case.
Garlic has certain enzymes that can help break down those pigment-producing cells. It also works great to lighten the dark pigmentation.
- Take a fresh garlic clove, crush it, and put it right on your mole.
- Take a bandage and use it to secure the garlic clove.
- Leave it overnight and remove in the morning.
- Repeat the same for a few days for amazing results.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV)
You can also rely on ACV to help remove your unsightly moles. It has acid that helps remove the mole.
- Take a cotton ball and soak it in ACV.
- Now, place it on the mole and secure with a bandage.
- Apply it before bedtime and remove it in the morning.
- Repeat for at least 10 days to make your mole fall off.
3. Castor Oil
You can effectively remove moles, warts, and skin tags with the help of castor oil. The best thing is that removing unusual growths in this way will not leave any scars.
- Take a few drops of castor oil and add a pinch of baking soda to it.
- Now, rub the mixture on your mole and let it dry naturally.
- Repeat twice a day for at least a month to see effects.
4. Flaxseed Oil
Hair growing out of moles are annoying, and you can try to get rid of raised moles to solve this problem. Use flaxseed oil. Regular application helps soften up the moles and make it easier to remove them.
- Take some honey and flax seeds and mix them with flaxseed oil.
- Apply the paste on your mole for at least an hour.
- Repeat the same thrice a day for a few weeks to remove your mole.